Senior Services Resources

Area Agencies on Aging & Disability (AAAD)

Northwest AAAD

124 Weldon Dr.

Martin, TN 38237

(731) 587-4213


Counties: Benton, Carroll, Henry, Lake, Obion, Dyer, Crockett, Weakley, Gibson

Southwest AAAD

102 E. College St.

Jackson, TN 38301

(731) 668-7112


Counties: Madison, McNairy, Hardin, Hardeman, Decatur, Haywood, Chester, Henderson

Tennessee Commission on Aging & Disability


(615) 741-2056

OPTIONS for Community Living

Call your local AAAD or the statewide line at (866) 836-6678.

State-funded program to provide homemaker services, personal care, and home delivered meals for those who qualify.

Tennessee State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP)

(877) 801-0044

Offers free and objective counseling for Medicare and other health issues

Legal Help

West Tennessee Legal Services

210 W. Main St.

Jackson, TN 38301

(800) 372-8346 or (731) 423-0616


Offices located in Jackson, Selmer, Dyersburg, & Huntingdon

Serving: Madison, McNairy, Hardin, Hardeman, Decatur, Haywood, Chester, Henderson, Benton, Carroll, Henry, Lake, Obion, Dyer, Crockett, Weakley, and Gibson Counties

Tennessee Bar Association


(615) 383-7421 or (800) 899-6993

For information about Tennessee attorneys

Memphis Area Legal Services


Shelby County - (901) 523-8822 or (866) 361-9001

Fayette, Tipton, & Lauderdale Counties - (888) 207-6386

Legal Aid Society of Middle Tennessee and the Cumberlands


(800) 238-1443

Legal Aid of East Tennessee


Knoxville office – (865) 637-0484

Chattanooga office – (423) 756-4013

Cleveland office – (423) 303-2266

Maryville office – (865) 981-1818

Johnson City office – (423) 928-8311

Morristown office – (423) 587-4850

TN Free Legal Answers (statewide, online only)


An online tool to ask a legal question and get an answer from a Tennessee attorney



(844) 435-7486

A help line and website with a variety of legal self-help tools

Tennessee Justice Center


(877) 608-1009 or (615) 255-0331

Helps Tennesseans with health care issues

Stateside Legal


Legal tools for military members, Veterans, and their families

State Ombudsman Program

This program provides help to the elderly living in nursing homes, homes for the aged, assisted living facilities, and adult are homes. The ombudsman helps the elderly and their families answer questions and advocate for solutions to problems with the long-term care facilities.

Southwest Tennessee Ombudsman

Norma Bell

Southwest AAAD

(731) 668-6411

Serves: Madison, McNairy, Hardin, Hardeman, Decatur, Haywood, Chester, Henderson Counties

Northwest Tennessee Ombudsman

Marchell Gardner

Northwest AAD

(731) 587-4213

Serves: Benton, Carroll, Henry, Lake, Obion, Dyer, Crockett, Weakley, Gibson Counties

State Long-Term Care Ombudsman

Lauren Meeker

(877) 236-0013 or (615) 837-5112

Other Tennessee Resources

Tennessee Department of Human Services

Services and assistance for adults who are mentally and physically impaired.


(615) 532-4000

Tennessee Adult Protective Services

Investigates alleged abuse of elderly and disabled


(888) 277-8366

Nurse’s Aide Abuse Registry

Tennessee Department of Health


(800) 778-4504

Maintains a registry of aides who have abused an older adult.

Tennessee Respite Coalition


(888) 579-3754

Provides relief to family caregivers through a statewide respite hotline, voucher program, volunteer respite and senior companion program.

Mental Health America


(615) 269-5355 or (866) 535-3825

Provides support groups, in home caregiver trainings, and educational programs for family members of those affected by mental illness

Tennessee Disability Pathfinder


(800) 640-4636

Free information and referral resources for persons with disabilities.

Tennessee Department of Veteran Services


(615) 741-2931

Provides help to Tennessee Veterans and their families

Tennessee Property Tax Relief Program


(615) 747-8858

May provide property tax relief to eligible senior citizens and disabled individuals

Tennessee Board for Licensing Health Care Facilities


(615) 741-7221

Responsible for maintaining the requirements for licensure and has authority to remove or suspend a license

Tennessee Division of Consumer Affairs


(800) 342-8385 or (615) 741-4737

Investigates consumer disputes from Tennessee residents

Other Resources - Financial

Social Security Administration


(800) 772-1213

Pension Rights Center


(888) 420-6550

Mid America Pension Rights Project


(866) 735-7737

Other Resources – Health Care

Alzheimer’s Association


(800) 272-3900

Referrals to local support groups, educational materials, and a helpline.


(800) 633-4227

QSource Medicare Beneficiary Protection Program


Can submit quality of care concerns or ask Medicare coverage questions.

Elder Care Locator


(800) 677-1116

Help identifying community resources for seniors.

Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services


(877) 267-2323

Other Resources

Consumer Financial Protection Bureau


(855) 411-2372

Works to prevent fraud, deception, and unfair business practices.



Offers drivers safety, tax assistance, and other senior resources

National Council on Aging


Offers senior resources for economic security and healthy aging.

Resources PDF

Acknowledgements & Disclaimer: This Fact Sheet was prepared by West Tennessee Legal Services (WTLS) and made possible by Serving Tennessee Seniors-administered by The Community Foundation of Middle Tennessee at the request of the Chancery Court. WTLS thanks the Tennessee Bar Association for its permission to use The Legal Handbook for Tennessee Seniors (2014 edition) as a primary information source. This publication is supported, in part, by funds provided by the Southwest Area Agency on Aging and Disability, the Tennessee Commission on Aging and Disability, and the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. The content herein does not necessarily reflect the opinion or policy of the Southwest Area Agency on Aging and Disability or any agency of Tennessee or the U.S. government. Fact Sheets are for information only and not intended to replace legal advice. If you are in need of legal help, call WTLS at (800) 372-8346, or seek the help of a private attorney. (Revised 5/2017)